TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Submissions to the 2018 MEA Photography Competition must be made via the MEA2018 website (www.mea2018.com.au) between the hours of 9.00am, 24 October 2017 and 5.00pm, 6 April 2018 (AEDT -Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time).
2. The entrant must be a registered delegate of the MEA2018 Conference and proof of registration will be asked for.
3. Entry is limited to one work per person or collective.
4. The entrant must be the owner of the work submitted for judging. Where the work has been created by more than one person, the entrant must be authorised in writing by all creators of the work, to submit the work in accordance with these conditions.
5. The photograph must be original and must not infringe the copyright, moral rights, or other rights of any third party.
6. Photos submitted must be A3.
7. Photos submitted must reflect the theme ‘Accelerate’ and a 50 word description must accompany each work.
8. The term “Supporting Media Files” in the Entry Form refers to the supporting image and description of the work submitted.
9. Entry into the 2018 MEA Photography Competition requires completion of all components within the online entry form, including but not limited to:
- a) Biography (maximum 100 words)
- b) Description of the work (maximum 50 words)
- c) Image of the photo as a jpeg maximum size 10MB
- d) Acceptance of all terms and conditions
10. All photos have to be brought to the Conference and placed by the entrant in the designated position to be eligible for judging. It is the responsibility of the entrant to bring the means of affixing the photo to the display panel.
11. The entrant grants MEA (and its partners and sponsors) a perpetual, fee-free, non-exclusive licence to reproduce the submitted work in material form, to photograph, publish and/or communicate it to the public, for the following prize-related purposes,:
- a) marketing, publicity, educational, archival and publication uses for MEA; and.
- b) anything incidental to such purposes.
12. Entrants acknowledge that all information provided as part of the entry to the 2018 MEA Photography Competition may be used by MEA for purposes including, but not limited to, education, publicity and promotion.
13. Selection of the winning photo will be judged by an invited panel. Panel judgement is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. At the conclusion of the 2018 MEA Photography Competition exhibition, all works must be collected by the entrants by no later than 3pm on Tuesday 8 May or they may be thrown away.
15. All photos are the responsibility of the entrant and MEA does not take responsibility for the safety of the works while on display.
Details of the entrants for the Competition will be published in the Conference App and on the Conference website as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the competition closes.All entrants to the competition must register and pay by 4 April 2018 will have their image withdrawn.